About Clayton YES!
We were formed by a small group of parents in 1975 to solve a problem: The number of school-age children in their neighborhood was decreasing, and they needed a way to keep the doors open to Lily B. Clayton Elementary School. They solved the dilemma by providing before and after school care for the children of health care professionals who worked in the nearby hospital district.
Since that beginning with 27 children, we have provided almost 50,000 children in Tarrant County with the tools needed to build successful and fulfilling lives. Currently, Clayton YES! serves more than 7,000 students in more than 80 public and private schools throughout Tarrant County and is one of the area’s leading providers of before and after school youth enrichment programs. You might ask, “What is the difference between ‘child care’ and ‘youth enrichment’ programs?” Check out our curriculum and you will know immediately.
Begin a casual conversation with anyone from the age of six-to-forty in Tarrant County and you will be surprised at how many are alumni of Clayton. But don’t be surprised when they tell how our programs and curriculum helped them develop an early love of learning and influenced their career choices.
Read Victor’s Story
Like most organizations, we have a Mission Statement, which is “To serve communities of North Texas by providing quality programs that foster the emotional, social, and educational development of children, youth, and families.” What that really means is that we are in the business of changing lives. Read how enrolling her children in our program changed Kaylen’s life.
Read Kaylen’s Story
Here are some Quick Facts about us
- 49 of our youth enrichment programs are licensed, fee-based and on-site in Fort Worth ISD, Birdville ISD, Crowley ISD, Keller ISD and private schools, serving more than 2,500 children annually.
- We also operate 35 grant-funded childcare programs, serving more than 4,100 students annually.
- Our staff-to-student ratio in our school age program is a very low at 1-to-15.
- As a non-profit organization, any excess dollars go directly into the childcare programs for scholarships, program enrichment and training and professional development for staff.
- We employ over 300 highly trained and experienced teachers, child development professionals and administrators. Each employee exceeds the minimum requirement of 15-20 hours of training per year. In fact, 69 percent of the program’s site managers are director certified.
- Because we are so careful with our hiring practices, many of our employees have been with us for 5, 10, even 15 or more years. In fact, we now have children whose parents are Clayton YES! alumni.